A day in the life of the top real-estate broker in Miami, who commutes by ferry to the richest ZIP code in the US and sold more than $189 million of luxury homes in 2018
- Dora Puig is the top real-estate broker in the Miami area by sales volume, according to REAL Trends, a residential brokerage industry publication.
- She sold more than $189.4 million worth of homes in 2018.
- Puig, who founded Luxe Living Realty, usually wakes up at 7 a.m., eats breakfast at her home on the Venetian Islands, and drives 10 minutes to her office in Miami Beach for a team meeting before a day of open houses and other events.
- Some days, she'll take the ferry straight to Fisher Island, the richest ZIP code in the US, where residents have an average income of $2.2 million and where Puig sells multimillion-dollar condos.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
TOP VIDEOS FOR YOUPuig sold more than $189.4 million worth of homes in 2018. Her listings include multimillion-dollar condos on Fisher Island, the richest ZIP code in the US, where the average income is $2.2 million and the median home value is about $3.2 million.
AdvertisementPuig, who started out as a real-estate associate in Beverly Hills in 1989 and now runs Luxe Living Realty, wakes up at 7:00 a.m. and starts her day either at her office on Lincoln Road in Miami Beach, or on Fisher Island.Here's a look at Puig's typical day, as described to Business Insider, selling multimillion-dollar homes in Miami.
Dora Puig is the top real-estate broker in the Miami area by sales volume. She's the founder and principal broker of Luxe Living Realty.
Puig lives on the Venetian Islands, a chain of artificial islands in Miami and Miami beach where many luxury homes can be found.
Puig wakes up at 7 a.m. and starts her day by eating breakfast at home.
Some days, Puig will go directly from her house to Fisher Island, the richest ZIP code in the US, where she serves as the sales and marketing director for Palazzo Del Sol and Palazzo Della Luna, two of the newest condo developments on the island.
On other days, Puig drives the 10 minutes to her office on Miami Beach's famed Lincoln Road, a pedestrian mall full of shops, restaurants, and businesses. She typically gets to the office by 9:15 a.m.
At 10:30 a.m., brunch is served in the office for the team meeting.
At 11:30 a.m., Puig heads to Palm Island in Miami Beach for an open house at one of her listings, a seven-bedroom waterfront home that's asking $12.95 million.
Puig says she has the highest open house turnouts of any broker in the city.
After stopping at home to quickly change clothes, Puig hops on the ferry to Fisher Island.
It's about a seven-and-a-half minute ferry ride across Government Cut, where Biscayne Bay meets the Atlantic Ocean.
Now that she's camera-ready, Puig meets the crew of a new television show called "The 10 Percent, Miami Mansion Edition."
She gives them a tour of one of the Palazzo Del Sol residences, a $15.9 million condo that's the only Bottega Veneta-designed residence in the US.
At 2:45 p.m., Puig meets with a dozen international students from Italy, Russia, and Turkey who are part of the Real Estate Masters program at Florida International University and touring Fisher Island as part of their course curriculum.
She sends the students on their way back to campus with Palazzo Della Luna gift bags.
At about 6 p.m., after another wardrobe change and a 30-minute car ride during which she worked on a $14 million deal, Puig arrives at the oceanfront estate of one of Palm Beach's wealthiest families for a private cocktail reception and event she co-sponsored.
Puig works late — until 7 or 8 p.m. — and sometimes she'll go out for dinner with clients at trendy restaurants in South Beach such as Estiatorio Milos or Le Sirenuse At The Surf Club.
But most nights, Puig comes home after work to relax in her poolside Balinese gazebo. Sometimes, she meditates there and watches the sun go down over downtown Miami.
- Cannes Lions 2021: India brings home a Gold, four Silver Lions and three Bronze Lions on Day 2
- E-commerce management platform CommerceIQ raises $60 million, looks to launch India operations by 2022
- Best power banks under ₹ 1000 to buy in India for 2021
- Best business laptops in India for 2021
- India is reportedly mulling over a new crypto tax which could make trading on foreign exchanges more expensive