A YouTuber and his fan who mailed a woman a dead kitten were sentenced to years in prison for stalking her
- A federal judge sentenced a YouTuber and his fan to several years in
- The two men mailed the victim a dead kitten, feces, and sex toys, court documents said.
- Bretton Osborne was a fan of Ian McGuire's videos and "fell under his spell," his attorney said.
Bretton Osborne, 29, had no previous criminal record before he started watching videos from YouTuber Ian McGuire, 30. Then, he began harassing and stalking a woman who worked as a vendor at a farmers market in Punta Gorda, Florida, federal prosecutors said in court documents reviewed by Insider.US attorneys said that in voicemail messages, he and McGuire, his co-defendant, threatened to rape the woman and kill her family, and falsely claimed in Yelp posts for her workplace that she was a sexual predator and Nazi supporter.
View all Offers
- 20% OFF
Victorinox Nylon 65 cms Grey Softsided Check-in Luggage (605410)₹ 27713₹ 34640Buy On
- 61% OFF
American Tourister Ivy Polypropylene 68 cms Black Hardsided Check-in Luggage (FO1 (0) 09 002)₹ 3069₹ 7900Buy On
- 62% OFF
Safari Ray Polycarbonate 77 cms Midnight Blue Hardsided Check-in Luggage (RAY 77 4W MIDNIGHT BLUE)₹ 3699₹ 9675Buy On
- 60% OFF
Safari Ray Polycarbonate 65 cms Midnight Blue Hardsided Check-in Luggage (RAY 67 4W MIDNIGHT BLUE)₹ 2999₹ 7535Buy On
- 62% OFF
Kamiliant by American Tourister KAM Kiza Polypropylene 79 cms Black Hardsided Check-in Luggage (KAM KIZA SP 79CM - BLACK)₹ 3699₹ 9690Buy On
McGuire has more than 22,000 subscribers on his
Content that "threatens individuals is not allowed on YouTube," according to the Google-owned platform's policies. A YouTube spokesperson did not immediately respond to a request for comment.Osborne was a fan of McGuire's videos and "fell under his spell," his defense attorney said in Tuesday's sentencing hearing, local outlet Port Charlotte Sun reported. The US Attorney's Office for the Middle District of Florida said in a Tuesday press release that the men stalked the woman "with the intent to injure, harass, and intimidate the victim, causing the victim to fear serious bodily injury."
In addition to the feces and the remains of the dead kitten, Osborne shipped a sex toy from eBay to the victim's home address, according to court documents. In April 2019, Osborne went to the victim's home and took photos he then sent to McGuire, whom the victim had a protection order against, the indictment shows.
"I am disgusted and ashamed when I think about the things I have done," Osborne told the victim during his Tuesday morning sentencing hearing, according to the Port Charlotte Sun. "I am sorry for every second of worry I have caused you."A lawyer for Osborne and McGuire did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
- Here’s how brands can avoid making our athletes’ win at Tokyo Olympics all about themselves
- Tokyo Olympics: India beat Argentina 3-1 to enter the quarters in men's hockey
- Sony sells more than 10 million units of the PS5 despite supply shortage since launch
- From Adani Group to Tata Motors and banks — these 17 stocks have already lost over 10% in last one month
- Google, Amazon, IBM and many more are hiring business analysts across the country