MrBeast said he turned down $1 billion deal for his YouTube channel and associated companies
- MrBeast — real name Jimmy Donaldson — has over 100 million subscribers on his main YouTube channel.
- On the Flagrant podcast, Donaldson said that he received an offer of $1 billion for his content empire.
YouTuber MrBeast — whose real name is Jimmy Donaldson — said he received an offer of $1 billion to take over his content empire, including his main channel which has over 100 million subscribers, but turned it down.
"I have been offered a pretty crazy one," Donaldson said. "There's people, not like official term sheets, but people that would be able to afford it, a billion dollars if they could own the channel and the companies and stuff."
The 24-year-old said he couldn't give any further details of who or where the offer came from but that it was a legitimate offer.
Flagrant's co-hosts asked Donaldson whether he had a price in mind for his channel and associated endeavors if he were to sell in the future.
"It's so crazy I don't even want to say it because it's just where I want to be. If we have a mobile game company and we got 100 million people playing it, and we have a thousand physical Beast Burgers and Feastables in 20,000 stores, it would probably be like $10 billion, $20 billion," he said, referring to his burger restaurant chain and line of chocolates and cookies.
In July, Insider reported that Donaldson planned to hire a programmer to create a "mobile strategy game for iOS and Android."
Donaldson is one of the most popular and highest-paid creators on YouTube, and is known for stunts like turning a backyard into a ball pit, and giving away a million dollars but only giving people one minute to spend it. He's given away everything from an island, to luxury cars, to millions in cash.
But his rise to fame has not been without controversy — last year, a group of former employees told The New York Times Donaldson created a hostile work environment and that his "demeanor changed when the cameras weren't around."
Donaldson launched a delivery-only restaurant brand, MrBeast Burger, in December 2020 and sold over one million sandwiches in three months. In early September 2022, MrBeast Burger opened its first physical restaurant at the American Dream Mall in East Rutherford, New Jersey. Thousands camped out for the opening.
- 911 dispatchers say skiers are accidentally setting off Apple's new crash-detection technology without realizing, triggering emergency calls
- The rally in stocks will trick investors into thinking the bear market is over, but there's still a case for the S&P 500 to fall another 26% next year, Morgan Stanley's Mike Wilson says
- Adani may be the richest Indian but Ambani’s RIL retains the top spot on Hurun's list of most valuable companies
- Here are the best apps and games on Google Play in India 2022
- Top 10 companies with the highest net profit in India as per Hurun 2022 list
- Rupee gains 8 paise to close at 81.22 against US dollar
- BYJU’s, Zomato, Dream11 among India’s most valuable PE/VC-funded companies as per Hurun
- GST revenues rose by 11% to ₹1.46 lakh crore in November: Finance Ministry
- Dharmaj Crop IPO
- Reliance Jio
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- tata Consumer
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- VerSe Innovation Company
- Top Valuable unlisted Company
- Tata Tiago cng vs Alto k10 cng
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World