The best hotels in Washington, DC
- As the nation's capital, DC is a must-visit destination filled with important history, national landmarks, free museums, and excellent restaurants and bars.
- Hotels across the city range from trendy micro-hotels for budget-conscious travelers, to historic properties, and recently opened luxury stays.
- We chose top hotels based on several factors including our own travel experiences, a range of price points attainable to the average traveler, along with research using reviews and rankings from past guests on sites such as Trip Advisor and Booking.com.
- Read all Business Insider Hotel Reviews here.
A note from your Insider Reviews travel editor: Coronavirus has interrupted travel on a global scale forcing travelers to cancel and reassess plans in the coming weeks and months. We understand that right now is a challenging time to plan travel. But when this time passes and things return to normal, we know you'll be eager to explore the world again.
Whenever that happens for you, and we know it will, we hope our travel content helps you make informed, useful, and inspiring choices on the best places and hotels to book. So whether you use our reviews now, bookmark them for the future, or simply need an escape from the news, we'll continue to share the world with you. In the meantime, we encourage all travelers to stay safe, follow guidelines from the CDC website, and take precautions.
Brimming with history and culture, Washington, DC is a cultural powerhouse filled with iconic monuments, museums, houses of government, and trendy restaurants and bars. See The Declaration of Independence, learn if you have what it takes to become a spy, and grab a bite alongside the political elite - you can do it all in one day in DC.
DC also has an overwhelming number of hotels to meet every traveler's tastes, though it can be hard to narrow down the options.
We've sorted through hundreds of properties and picked out the top hotels across the city based on past traveler reviews and rankings on Trip Advisor and Booking.com, as well as our own travel experience. Hotels range in starting price from $104 to $350, plus one ultra-luxury option you might want to consider if you have the extra budget.
Additionally, we looked for standouts in terms of design, amenities, and guest perks, with ratings of 8.5 and above on Booking.com, and 4 out of 5-stars on Trip Advisor. Properties range from hip micro-hotels to wellness-focused retreats and storied hotels that embrace their history. All starting prices are based on time of publishing, and subject to change.
Traveling elsewhere? Read our list of the best hotels in other popular cities:
- The best hotels in New York City
- The best hotels in San Francisco
- The best hotels in Las Vegas
- The best hotels in Chicago
- The best hotels in Palm Springs
Read on for the best hotels in Washington, DC, sorted by price from low to high.
You can purchase syndication rights to this story here.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Reviews team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at email@example.com.