This Is What It Was Like To Be At Sony's 'The Interview' Premiere Last Night In LA
View all Offers
- 24% OFF
Samsung Galaxy M32 (Light Blue, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) 6 Months Free Screen Replacement for Prime₹ 12999₹ 16999Buy On
- 13% OFF
Redmi 9 Prime (Mint Green, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage)- Full HD+ Display & AI Quad Camera₹ 10499₹ 11999Buy On
- 10% OFF
Redmi Note 10 Pro (Dark Night, 6GB RAM, 128GB Storage) -120hz Super Amoled Display|64MPwith 5mp Super Tele-Macro₹ 17999₹ 19999Buy On
- 48% OFF
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 (Mystic Bronze, 8GB RAM, 256GB Storage) with No Cost EMI/Additional Exchange Offers₹ 44999₹ 86000Buy On
- 27% OFF
Samsung Galaxy M12 (Blue,4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) 6000 mAh with 8nm Processor | True 48 MP Quad Camera | 90Hz Refresh Rate₹ 9499₹ 12999Buy On
"The Interview" - the Seth Rogen and James Franco comedy about killing Kim Jong Un at the center of the Sony hacking scandal - had it's world premiere last night in Los Angeles.
So it was no surprise when Sony announced that the premiere would be low key, with just a red carpet for photo-ops but no interviews.
Kevin Winter/Getty Images
LA Times reporter Amy Kaufman was at the highly-anticipated premiere at the Ace Hotel and documented the experience via Twitter:
Despite more Sony leaks late Thursday of employees' medical records, Kaufman tells us that at the premiere, "no one seemed scared at all."
"The Interview" centers around two journalists recruited by the CIA to assassinate North Korean leader Kim Jong-un. The Pyongyang government denounced the film as "undisguised sponsoring of terrorism, as well as an act of war" in a letter to UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon in June.
Sony co-chairman, Amy Pascal, worked with Rogen to make the film's ending - which saw Kim Jong-un's head exploding - "less gory" and less controversial.
Judging by Franco's Instagram photo from the movie's premiere party, the film's stars aren't too worried.
- Can crypto go green? Here are six questions that explain the digital world's bid to become eco-friendly
- Nykaa raises nearly ₹2,400 crore in anchor investment from Government of Singapore, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan and others
- ITC, Adani Ports, Bajaj Auto, Titan and other hot stocks to watch out for on October 28
- Nykaa IPO will open today — here is how to apply via bank and apps like Zerodha, Paytm Money
- A CryptoPunk NFT bought for $74 resurfaced after four years and just sold for $2 million