Elon Musk says Tesla will be profitable for 'all quarters going forward'
- Tesla reported its second profitable quarter in a row on Wednesday.
- On the earnings conference call, CEO Elon Musk said that profitability should continue going forward.
- "I am optimistic about being profitable in Q1 and all quarters going forward," he said.
After reporting its first-ever consecutive quarterly profits, Tesla CEO Elon Musk says the company will be able to sustain that profitability."I'm optimistic about being profitable in Q1," Musk said on the company's fourth-quarter earnings call on Wednesday. "Not by a lot, but I am optimistic about being profitable in Q1 and all quarters going forward."
Tesla said it delivered 63,359 Model 3 vehicles to customers in North America in the fourth quarter, and this month it began producing Model 3 vehicles for Europe and China. Both markets are considered important growth opportunities for the company. Additionally, Tesla said it delivered 27,607 Model S and Model X vehicles to customers in the fourth quarter.
- More from Tesla's earnings:
- Tesla misses on earnings, says it will produce the Model 3 at 'maximum production rates'
- Tesla says it has 'sufficient cash' to pay for its biggest debt payment ever that's due in a month
- Tesla says it's likely going to build its next car, the Model Y SUV, at the Gigafactory
- Tesla's revenue has hit a critical milestone
- Apophis, the ‘God of Chaos’ asteroid is speeding up — increasing the likelihood of it hitting Earth in 2068
- Sputnik V: RDIF seeks vaccine's speedy registration, prequalification from WHO
- Ankhi Das quits as Facebook's India public policy head
- States urged to adopt national approach: Niti Aayog on 'free vaccine'
- Analysts expect no surprises from Axis Bank in the second quarter — loan growth and collections to be slow