The 15 best airports in the world: Ranked
Trong Nguyen / Shutterstock.com
- Skytrax announced the winner of its annual World Airport Awards on Wednesday at the Passenger Terminal Expo in London, England.
- Singapore's Changi Airport was named the World's Best Airport for the seventh consecutive year.
- It's one of the busiest hubs in Asia and is home to Singapore Airlines.
- Airports from Asia and Europe dominated the top 15 spots.
Skytrax announced the winner of its annual World Airport Awards on Wednesday at the Passenger Terminal Expo in London, England.The UK-based international air transport rating agency named gave Singapore's Changi Airport the top prize for the seventh consecutive year. This marks another clean sweep for the Southeast Asian city-state, as Changi Airport-based Singapore Airlines is the current Skytrax airline of the year.
In the same statement, Skytrax CEO Edward Plaisted said, "to be voted the World's Best Airport for the seventh consecutive year is a truly fabulous achievement for Changi Airport, and this award continues to underline the airport's popularity with international air travelers."Changi is one of Southeast Asia's largest transit hubs and is a major cog in Singapore's bustling economy.
The facility is world-famous for its beautiful architecture, efficient operation, luxurious amenities, and plentiful dining and shopping options.Read more: RANKED: The 20 best airlines in the world.Once again, Asia dominated the top of end of the rankings, taking the top six spots. European airports also performed well taking, seven of the top 15 spots. No airports from North America, South America, Australia, or Africa made it into the top 15.
The highest ranking US airports are Denver International in 32nd position followed by Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International at 36.
The Skytrax annual rankings are based on the impressions of millions of flyers from over 100 countries. More than 550 airports were included in the survey, which covers 39 service and performance parameters, including facility comfort, the location of bathrooms, and the language skills of the airport staff.Here's a closer look at the other airports that made it to the top of the prestigious Skytrax list:
15. Copenhagen Airport (CPH)
14. Amsterdam Schiphol Airport (AMS)Advertisement
13. Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport (TPE)
12. Frankfurt Airport (FRA)Advertisement
11. Kansai International Airport (KIX)
10. Zurich Airport (ZRH)Advertisement
9. Tokyo Narita International Airport (NRT)
8. London Heathrow Airport (LHR)Advertisement
7. Munich Airport (MUC)
6. Chubu Centrair international Airport (NGO)Advertisement
5. Hong Kong International Airport (HKG)
4. Hamad International Airport (DOH)Advertisement
3. Incheon International Airport (ICN)
2. Tokyo Haneda International Airport (HND)Advertisement
1. Singapore Changi International Airport (SIN)
- No offline exams up to Class 8 in Delhi govt schools
- CBSE board reduces syllabus for Class 10 social science exam
- 3rd Test: Axar Patel takes six wickets as India bowl out England for 112
- Promises made in Rajasthan govt budget will be fulfilled by robust financial management: CM Gehlot
- On his 100th test, Ishant Sharma is only next to Kapil Dev among Indian fast bowlers