Trump's trade war is heating up - here are 11 stocks UBS says to avoid
- Companies that get a high percentage of their revenue from China are at heightened risk as the prospect of a global trade war mounts.
- UBS has identified 11 companies with large exposure to China that it says traders would be wise to avoid.
Earlier in March, the nation said it will respond in kind if Trump's measures harm it economically. But that doesn't seem to be impeding the president's mission, with reports coming in Wednesday that he's seeking to impose upon China tariffs of up to $60 billion. Trump will reportedly target the technology and telecom sectors.
In the event that China does retaliate in response to Trump's proposed tariffs, UBS says the companies that derive the highest percentage of their sales from there will be among the groups hit hardest. Further, a large number of the most exposed companies are in the tech sector - suggesting that mounting trade war tensions could weigh on one of the US market's most important industries.
Here are 11 companies identified by UBS as being particularly vulnerable to a global trade war, specifically one that involves China. The stocks are listed in increasing order of percentage revenue exposure to China.
10. Expeditors International of Washington
8. Microchip Technology
7. A.O. Smith
6. Texas Instruments
5. Micron Technology
1. Skyworks Solutions
- Serum Institute seeks drug regulator's approval to start booster doses of Covishield
- Do you own an LIC policy? Here is how you can link your PAN before applying for the LIC IPO
- Ahmedabad and Karachi among ten cheapest cities in the world
- Deloitte India partners with News Broadcasters Federation to build an integrated performance and rewards forum for the news media industry
- Best bullet cameras for security in India