UConn player hits unreal shot from three-quarters court to send game into fourth overtime
Via ESPN 2
A University of Connecticut player hit the shot of his life on Friday to send the American Championship quarterfinal vs. Cincinnati into a fourth overtime.
The heroic shot came after Cincinnati hit a three-pointer to go up three points with just .8 seconds.
Cincinnati understandably dropped back, trying to prevent a long pass to the basket for a quick shot. That's when Jalen Adams of UConn took the inbounds from the back-court and chucked up a shot from three-quarters court to tie the game at the buzzer.
Here's the shot:
This is the type of stuff that makes March Madness, even before the big tournament, must-watch TV.
Popular on BI
- Five planets will stage a rare spectacular event in the night sky on March 28
- Sam Altman, who was already wealthy before starting OpenAI, reportedly doesn't own any equity in the company behind ChatGPT
- A 'hole' 30 times Earth's size has spread across the sun, blasting solar winds that'll hit our planet by end of this week
- Microsoft adds 'AI-generated stories' to its Bing search
- Housing sales up 14% annually in Jan-Mar to 1.13 lakh units across top 7 cities: Anarock
- ISRO launches India's largest LVM3 rocket from Sriharikota
- RevFin targets financing 20 lakh electric vehicles in next 5 years
- Torrent Investments not to participate in 2nd auction for Reliance Capital; Hinduja sole bidder