10 packing essentials for cruises that will save time, space, and money - from foldable luggage to a portable safe
- Going on a cruise can be a fun and affordable way to see the world, but you'll have a better experience if you know what to bring.
- Don't forget to buy the stuff you need before you leave on your cruise, because once you're on board, it's too late. Technically, you could buy small things like sunscreen on the ship, but they'll be a lot more expensive than if you'd just brought your own.
- Some of my must-have items would help you feel better at sea (like motion sickness wristbands) while others are meant to help save money (like travel insurance) or protect against theft (like a safe you can secure to a chair).
Cruising can be a ton of fun for everyone in your family. It's often easy on the budget and I think it's an efficient way to see new countries you've never visited before. I frequently cruise with my family in Europe and the Caribbean for these reasons alone. In fact, I was able to go on a cruise to see Norwegian fjords with my family for under $7,000 including airfare.
But before you head to the port for your first cruise, you'll need to pack strategically to save space, money, and your own sanity.
Here are 10 things I'd highly suggest bringing on a cruise:
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at email@example.com.
Leather hat clip
Universal and portable charger
Wristbands that help prevent motion sickness
Water bottle that also holds snacks
Collapsible straw to avoid single-use plastic
Wrinkle release spray for smooth clothes
Portable safe to keep your stuff secure
Cruise insurance to protect your investment
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- A renowned female crime novelist who won a million-euro prize in Spain turned out to be three middle-aged men
- Microsoft President Brad Smith reportedly told Bill Gates more than a decade ago to stop emailing female employees
- IEX, L&T Infotech, TTK Prestige and two other stocks that have ignored the market mood to hit a one-year high
- Bad loans of India's banks to rise to 8-9% this year, says CRISIL
- IIM-Ahmedabad incubator invests in an under-trial AI startup that can possibly predict cancer and lead to drug discovery
- HP launches a new campaign with Boman Irani to challenge cultural stereotypes around gaming
- WhatsApp rolls out redesigned icons, working on “Done” and “Undo” buttons for media editing
- India T20 World cup Jersey
- Photo Editors Apps
- Google Pixel 6 series
- CBSE examdate sheet
- Tata Punch Price
- Punit Goenka
- Motorola Edge 20 Mobile
- Google TV stick vs Amazon Fire TV stick
- Oneplus 9rt smartphone
- Samsung Galaxy M52 review
- vodafone Idea News
- India Coal Crisis
- iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 mini
- IRCTC Share price
- Maximum Sixes
- Tata Sons