11 rustic Airbnb cabins in the Catskills you can book for under $200 a night
- Fall is a great time to visit the Catskills for fall foliage, ample hiking, and outdoor activities.
- Popular areas around Hunter, Windham, and Belleayre Mountains in New York are typically more affordable in fall, before peak ski and snowboard season starts.
- We found highly-rated, rustic cabins on Airbnb you can rent on a weekend in October or November for under $200 a night.
Ski season is still a few months away, but that shouldn't keep you from curling up in a woodsy cabin, especially considering how many cozy Airbnb Catskills rentals are available for under $200 a night. More on that in a minute.
Autumn is also just a great time to visit the Catskills. The popular areas around Hunter, Windham, and Belleayre Mountains in New York are typically more affordable, and inventory is higher compared to peak winter ski season. And while you won't be able to hit the slopes just yet, you will enjoy colorful leaf peeping, hiking, and other outdoor activities most skiers and snowboarders miss.
The trip to the Catskills is roughly two-and-a-half hours from New York City by car, and many bus lines provide access as well. You may also take a train and then either rent a car, or call a rideshare to complete the trip. It feels a bit more remote than the Hudson Valley, but with just as much charm.
No matter how you arrive, you'll adore any of these cute cabins in the woods, selected based on the following search parameters:
- Airbnb listing is for the entire home (no awkward hallway conversations with your host).
- The home is available on a weekend. I looked a month out at October 27-29, and November 1-3. All were available to book as of publishing time.
- All are highly rated Airbnb listings in New York's Catskills with a review score of 4.5 or higher.
- Properties are all rustic cabins. Bring on the log, pine, and oak.
- Homes are affordable, and priced under $200 per night.
Keep reading to book any of these 11 Airbnbs for under $200 per night, starting with the least expensive
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at email@example.com.
Log cabin in Margaretville, $97
Log cabin in Arkville, $126
Woodsy cabin in Willow, $141
Mountainside cabin in Mount Tremper, $154
Microbrew cabin in Livingston Manor, $170
Hiker's cabin in East Jewett, $176
Tiny home in Mount Tremper, $185
Woodland cabin in Palenville, $190
Artist cabin in Windham, $195
Cabin in Phoenicia, $198
Log cabin in Shandaken, $199
- I bought a car wash at 22 years old. It basically runs itself — and I make $5,500 in passive income each month.
- Companies say Elon Musk's plan to charge $1,000 for month for Twitter checkmarks is 'outlandish' and makes them 'meaningless'
- A lawyer who quit to become an OnlyFans performer says she now makes more money and is happier
- Sensex, Nifty close marginally down in volatile trade
- After disappointing 2022, wind industry to expect record installations over the next three years: GWEC report
- Most infidelities committed during honeymoon phase, says survey by extramarital dating app Gleeden
- WhatsApp releases update to fix expiration bug on Android beta
- Deadline to link Aadhaar and PAN extended to 30 June, 2023