12 lessons from dads on how to get everything you want out of life
10'000 Hours/Getty Images
- No one gives advice like dad.
- These Quora users' dads gave advice on everything from how to be persuasive to how not to be a hypocrite.
- Most of these dads lived by example, and never went against their own advice. As for the ones who didn't, they inadvertently taught their children valuable lessons.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Dads come in all shapes and sizes, but many of them have one thing in common: they give great life advice.We looked at what Quora users had to say about their dads and the valuable lessons they learned. We found that most fathers led by example, and the ones that didn't still taught their children valuable lessons about all the possible mistakes that can be made in life.Advertisement
In honor of fathers, pops, and dads everywhere, here are 12 indispensable pieces of advice on how to live your life to the fullest and get everything you want from it.
Speak persuasively and listen wholeheartedly.
Saving money is essential.Advertisement
There is no such thing as a mistake.
Commit to everything you do.Advertisement
Play the hand you're dealt.
If you have a problem, be honest about it and accept help.Advertisement
Never be a hypocrite.Advertisement
Be healthy, no matter what.
If you can make money by pursuing your passion, then do it.
Be optimistic and have a sense of humor.Advertisement
- Confiscate Bengaluru rioters' properties like Yogi Adityanath did, suggests Tejasvi Surya
- Best affordable smartwatches in India that work with Android and iOS
- JEE Mains admit card 2020 to be out soon. Here’s how to download it
- Friends Dry Pants aims to destigmatise talking about urine leakage and weak bladders in its campaign
- Amazon’s entry in food delivery is a speed bump on Zomato and Swiggy’s race to profitability, says report