17 brand name products worth paying for over the generic versions
Shoppers can save a lot of money buying generic brands.
But some products are worth every penny.A recent Reddit thread asked which items are worth shelling out for.
1. Shoes."When I was a kid, my mom would always buy the Wal-Mart/KMart/Payless shoes that were no-name brand and my feet hurt all the time," writes IWannaBeAlone. "I'd also destroy them in the space of a month."
Everything changed when the author finally got a pair of Reeboks."I was amazed. My feet didn't hurt all the time! They lasted forever!" the happy shoe owner writes.Reebok
2. Oreos.Q-tips. "It's the amount of cotton on the tip, which makes it softer," writes ABirdOfParadise. "Some off brands are just sticks with a thread on the end, I swear."SpaghettiO's.
"Store brand versions are so terrible," writes angiehawkeye.Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.
"The generic brands can never get the peanut butter-to-chocolate ratio right," writes bpxrain.Crayola crayons. "Crayola is glorious," writes kelseykeefe. "Strong colors that are even and layer nicely for value-and don't break on a whim.
- October auto sales estimates — Here’s what to expect from Maruti, M&M, Hero, Bajaj Auto, and other automakers
- Upcoming bike launches in November: From Ducati Multistrada to Royal Enfield Meteor and KTM 250, to 2021 Honda CB1000R, here’s the list
- Researchers identify new drug to treat Covid-19 patients
- Ice drug worth 2 crore seized, 2 held
- Nearly a third of RIL’s profit is shaved off by the dent in refining