17 brand name products worth paying for over the generic versions
Shoppers can save a lot of money buying generic brands.
But some products are worth every penny.
A recent Reddit thread asked which items are worth shelling out for.
We selected some of our favorite responses.
"When I was a kid, my mom would always buy the Wal-Mart/KMart/Payless shoes that were no-name brand and my feet hurt all the time," writes IWannaBeAlone. "I'd also destroy them in the space of a month."
Everything changed when the author finally got a pair of Reeboks.
"I was amazed. My feet didn't hurt all the time! They lasted forever!" the happy shoe owner writes.
"It's the amount of cotton on the tip, which makes it softer," writes ABirdOfParadise. "Some off brands are just sticks with a thread on the end, I swear."SpaghettiO's.
"Store brand versions are so terrible," writes angiehawkeye.Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.
"The generic brands can never get the peanut butter-to-chocolate ratio right," writes bpxrain.Crayola crayons.
"Crayola is glorious," writes kelseykeefe. "Strong colors that are even and layer nicely for value-and don't break on a whim.
- Noida-based LED IKIO Lighting files DRHP with SEBI to raise ₹350 crore
- Electronics Mart India IPO set to open on Oct 4; commands grey market premium of ₹30/share
- Twitter is going the TikTok way with a new full-screen video feature
- Sensex, Nifty fall over 1% on weak global trends
- Prosus terminates $4.7 bn deal to acquire BillDesk
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World