17 brand name products worth paying for over the generic versions
Shoppers can save a lot of money buying generic brands.
But some products are worth every penny.
A recent Reddit thread asked which items are worth shelling out for.
We selected some of our favorite responses.
"When I was a kid, my mom would always buy the Wal-Mart/KMart/Payless shoes that were no-name brand and my feet hurt all the time," writes IWannaBeAlone. "I'd also destroy them in the space of a month."
Everything changed when the author finally got a pair of Reeboks.
"I was amazed. My feet didn't hurt all the time! They lasted forever!" the happy shoe owner writes.
"It's the amount of cotton on the tip, which makes it softer," writes ABirdOfParadise. "Some off brands are just sticks with a thread on the end, I swear."SpaghettiO's.
"Store brand versions are so terrible," writes angiehawkeye.Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.
"The generic brands can never get the peanut butter-to-chocolate ratio right," writes bpxrain.Crayola crayons.
"Crayola is glorious," writes kelseykeefe. "Strong colors that are even and layer nicely for value-and don't break on a whim.
- Travel Boom: India spends 2X of pre-pandemic level on Airbnb with Goa leading the charge
- Swiggy disburses over Rs 450 cr in loans to 8000 restaurant owners
- Hyundai Motor India says all its vehicles to come with 6 airbags
- Earthquake jolts Delhi and other parts of northern India
- World Bank pegs India's FY24 GDP growth at 6.3% as global headwinds emerge