17 things you should never wear to a job interview
- Picking an interview outfit might be one of the more stressful parts of preparing for a job interview.
- An ideal interview look shows the employer that you're a good cultural fit for the company.
- What not to wear to an interview includes suits at a laid-back start-up and T-shirts at a law firm.
- Above all, interview outfits should be unwrinkled, clean, and not revealing.
View all Offers
- 4% OFF
Dettol Original Germ Protection Bathing Soap bar, 125 gm, Buy 4 Get 1 Free₹ 220₹ 229Buy On
Dettol Original Germ Protection Liquid Handwash Refill, 1500ml (Price Off)₹ 208Buy On
Mamaearth Onion Hair Fall Shampoo for Hair Growth & Hair Fall Control, with Onion Oil & Plant Keratin 250ml₹ 349Buy On
- 30% OFF
Pampers All round Protection Pants, Large size baby diapers (LG) 64 Count, Anti Rash diapers, Lotion with Aloe Vera₹ 801₹ 1149Buy On
Mamaearth Onion Oil for Hair Growth & Hair Fall Control with Redensyl 150ml₹ 399Buy On
In fact, rolling up to the office in a suit or skirt suit when everyone else is wearing jeans could hurt you in the interview process. It shows you're not a cultural fit for the company."Some of the most common mistakes people make when dressing for an interview are following old and outdated advice or not taking the time to do their research and ask questions about the company culture ahead of time," Cenedella told Business Insider.
Cenedella suggested reaching out to your recruiter, company contact, or the HR team to get a sense for what people at the company typically wear to work."You can always be direct and ask 'Will I feel out of place in formal business attire?'" Cenedella told Business Insider. "If they answer 'not at all,' you know it's expected."Regardless of the typical level of dress in the office, some decorum during the interview is still necessary - yoga pants, wrinkled shirts, or ripped denim shouldn't be in your interview wardrobe even for the most casual workplaces.
Here are the 17 things you definitely shouldn't wear to a job interview:
Anything that's wrinkled or wrinkle-prone
Something that doesn't quite fit you or is stained
Anything that's too trendy
Jeans and a T-shirt
Yoga pants or other gym clothes
Outlandish make-up or jewelry
Loud patterns or crazy colors
A crazy tie or a black tie
Earbuds or headphones
A lot of perfume or cologne
For men, shoes and belts that aren't made of leather
Your flashiest nose piercing
Ripped or light-wash jeans
Something that doesn't make you feel awesome, confident, and ready for anything
- Weekend watch list for OTT — Fahadh Faasil’s Malik to Farhan Akhtar’s Toofan and more
- Reliance Retail surprises all by more than doubling its net profit in the last three months
- Reliance Jio adds 42 million subscribers but the average revenue is pretty much the same
- YES Bank’s net profit grows four fold as provision for bad loans shrink
- Amazon Prime Day 2021: Best deals and offers on headphones