20 famous athletes who retired earlier than expected
- Andrew Luck surprised the NFL world by retiring at 29 years old.
- Throughout sports history, there have been professional athletes who have retired earlier than expected, often times because of injuries.
- Check out some examples of athletes who have called it quits relatively early.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Andrew Luck's decision to retire caught the NFL world by surprise, but he's hardly the first athlete to call it quits early.In fact, Rob Gronkowski decided to retire at the same age as Luck, just a few months beforehand. More NFL players may follow their lead.
Here are a few examples of professional athletes who ended their careers earlier than expected.
1. Andrew Luck
2. Rob Gronkowski
3. Doug Baldwin
4. Brandon Roy
5. Sandy Koufax
6. Patrick Willis
7. Bobby Orr
8. Bjorn Borg
9. Calvin Johnson
10. Michael Jordan
11. Jim Brown
12. Bo Jackson
13. Yao Ming
14. Ken Dryden
15. Barry Sanders
16. Chris Borland
17. Dave Nilsson
18. Earl Campbell
19. Isiah Thomas
20. Tiki Barber
Now, check out what happened to the other quarterbacks from Andrew Luck's draft class...
- How to take screenshot on your Iphone
- How to change theme of your Instagram chat
- Larsen & Toubro sees a slowdown in new orders in the first three months of 2021 — management says contracts have been deferred
- Delhi plans to add 1,200 ICU beds in a day or two while daily Covid deaths drop to less than 300
- There is an online discount on the new Sovereign Gold Bond Scheme opening on Monday priced at ₹4,777 per gram