20 signs your boss secretly hates you
Mike Nudelman/Business Insider
These are the people who make decisions regarding our promotions and pay raises, formally review our performances, and usually play a significant role in our overall happiness and success at work.
So if they don't like you, you'll want to know so you can try to turn things around. However, that's not always so easy.
"If your boss doesn't like you, they'll likely keep it to themselves, as they understand the need to keep the relationship professional and to not play favorites in the office," says Michael Kerr, an international business speaker and author of "The Humor Advantage." "So the signs may be quite subtle - but they are usually easy to spot if you're looking for them."
Lynn Taylor, a national workplace expert and the author of "Tame Your Terrible Office Tyrant: How to Manage Childish Boss Behavior and Thrive in Your Job," says you don't have to be best friends with your manager, "but you can achieve optimal creativity and success if you feel that you're liked, supported, and respected by them."
Here are 20 subtle signs your boss secretly hates you. Of course, a boss who does these things could just be a terrible leader. But if you notice you're the only victim of these behaviors, it probably means they don't like you.
Jacquelyn Smith contributed to this story.
- I was working toward a promotion at Amazon when my manager started emailing me about needing coaching. Now I'm worried about losing my job.
- Google's head of mental health and wellbeing was among the 12,000 workers laid off by the tech giant
- Mercedes-Benz says it has achieved Level 3 automation, which requires less driver input, surpassing the self-driving capabilities of Tesla and other major US automakers
- Pakistan facing worst economic crisis ever as its rupee plunges, says Asian Lite report
- Inflation in India expected to come down to 5 pc in 2023 and 4 pc in 2024: IMF
- Sensex, Nifty50 fall erasing opening gains – six out of nine Adani Group stocks decline
- These are the brands that make shopping easy for customers
- Indian economy retains its crown as a bright spot: IMF report