4 keto diet-approved menu items major chains have rolled out across the US
Irene Jiang / Business Insider
- The keto diet trend is taking over the US.
- Chains are adding keto options to the menu as more people seek out high-fat, low-carb dishes.
- Here are four keto-diet-approved menu items that chains including Chipotle, Blaze Pizza, and Qdoba have rolled out this year.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
As the keto diet sweeps America, restaurants chains are trying to cash in on the trend.People adhering to keto diets limit their carbohydrate intake, pushing their bodies to switch into a fat-burning state called "ketosis." That means ditching sugar, wheat, and beans, and cutting back on alcohol. Red meat and cream are encouraged in the high-fat, low-carb diet. Advertisement
Read more: What a husband and wife who've been on the keto diet for 6 years keep in their kitchen
Sticking with any diet can be a challenge while eating out at restaurants. So, some chains are tweaking the menu to win over people on the keto diet.Here are four chains that have rolled out keto-diet-approved menu items in 2019.
Chipotle's Keto Salad Bowl
Blaze Pizza's Keto PizzaAdvertisement
Qdoba's Smoked Brisket Keto Bowl
Smoothie King's Keto Champ SmoothiesAdvertisement
- Strategy behind Britannia Cheese’s 300% growth in online sales between April and August 2020
- Facebook India Head goes to Supreme Court against Delhi Assembly Panel's summons on 'hate speech'
- Sundar Pichai gets a spot in Time's 2020 'influential' list and generous praise from Jamie Dimon
- Your unconfirmed train ticket may now get you a plane ride
- Mumbai Rains: Heavy rains cause waterlogging, cancellation of several local trains — IMD issues orange alert for Thane, Mumbai