4 signs you shouldn't apply for the job, no matter how good it sounds
- Sometimes a job looks good on paper, but it's not worth applying.
- That's because you might be grossly under-qualified or overqualified, or because you won't fit in with the company culture.
- We asked career expert Amanda Augustine to tell us about the signs that you shouldn't waste your time submitting an application.
The fastest way to turn off a hiring manager, says Amanda Augustine, "is to apply to a job you have no business applying to."
Augustine is the career advice expert for TopResume. She says when you apply for an inappropriate position, you're wasting the hiring manager's time - and your own.
We asked Augustine to share some of the main reasons why you shouldn't apply for a job, even if it looks awesome on paper. Read on for the top signs that you should move on in your search.
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- Elon Musk told his 76-year-old dad Errol to 'keep quiet' in a text message after he said he wasn't proud of his son, report says
- JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon told wealthy clients there's a chance the US is heading into 'something worse' than a recession, report says
- Nepotism and termite-like corruption dented India : Modi
- Modi lists five pledges to turn India into a developed country in 25 years
- There will be a major shift in the way Indians shop and consume brands
- Modi remembers Nehru and Sarvarkar in his speech today
- Made-in-India gun used for 1st time for ceremonial salute at Red Fort on Independence Day