American Express crushes earnings expectations
American Express posted a big beat on earnings after Wednesday's closing bell.
The financial-services giant earned $1.45 in adjusted earnings per share, on revenues of $8.1 billion.Analysts had expected EPS of $1.33, and revenues of $8.05 billion, according to Bloomberg.
Its shares had fallen about 15% over the last year through to Wednesday's close. They rose by as much as 2% in after-hours trading before trading little changed.More to come ...
- WhatsApp to add additional security layer for users to link account to computers
- AAP to contest elections in Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Goa, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh and Gujarat in 2022, says Arvind Kejriwal
- Top 10 business investment options in Dubai for India's best minds
- India needs to add massive amount of solar and wind power capacity this year to meet its first target
- Itel to launch smartphone with bigger display and dual security for ₹6000 on February 1