An Amazing Look Inside The US Air Force's Headquarters In Europe
Jeremy Bender/Business Insider
Located in southwestern Germany, not far from the Rhine River and the French border, Ramstein not only serves as the headquarters of the US Air Force in Europe and as a NATO installation but also as a gateway to American military operations around the globe.The base is part of a conglomeration of 12 Army and Air Force installations that make up the Kaiserslautern Military Community (KMC), also known as K-Town. It hosts almost 54,000 Americans across 300 neighboring German towns and cities - turning the Rhineland-Palatinate state of Germany into a tiny slice of America. In fact, it's the largest concentration of Americans outside of the US. But it's also notably multicultural, including personnel from many countries.
Over 2 days in September, Business Insider was given an extensive - and breathtaking - tour of the base and its operations.
- 1.28 lakh people over 60 years get 1st dose of COVID vaccine on first day
- Chinese hackers target Indian vaccine makers SII and Bharat Biotech: Report
- GST revenue up 7% year-on-year in February to over ₹1.13 lakh crore
- Here is the list of common side-effects of COVID-19, so that you don't panic if you get these
- These are the top 10 likely IPOs scheduled in March 2021