Dollar Crushed After Data Disappoints
The US dollar is getting crushed in early trade on Monday morning.
The dollar is falling against major currencies including the euro, the Japanese yen, and the British pound.The drop in the dollar followed a disappointing report on durable goods orders that showed orders fell 1.3% month-over-month in September missing expectations for orders to rise 0.5%.
We're also expecting housing data from the Case-Shiller home price index at 9:00 am ET, as well as consumer confidence data from the Conference Board and manufacturing data from the Richmond Fed at 10:00 am ET.Here is a chart of the dollar's fall against the yen.
And charts of the euro and pound rising against the the dollar.
- Owning an electric two-wheeler is slightly cheaper cheaper than petrol and diesel at a time when fuel prices are at a record high
- TTD approves Rs 2,938-crore budget for 2021-22
- Wholesale growth expected to continue for tractors, passenger vehicles and two-wheelers, says equity research firm Emkay
- Centre finalises One District One Focus Product to promote in cluster approach
- A Mumbai-based EV startup launched the cheapest electric car with a 200 km range