Elizabeth Holmes: The Youngest Self-made Woman Billionaire You’ve Never Heard Of
In a refreshing change from the world of billion dollar photo sharing apps and cloud computing software, Elizabeth Holmes, through her
Holmes dropped out of
Instead of several vials of blood for every test, Theranos requires only a pinprick and a drop of blood. They can perform hundreds of tests, from standard cholesterol checks to sophisticated genetic analyses, on just a few drops of blood. The results are faster, more accurate, and far cheaper than conventional methods.
Theranos began to offer services directly to consumers via Theranos Wellness Centers located inside Walgreens stores in 2013. There are 21 centers so far, with more on the way. The company claims low-cost blood tests could save the
Holmes has shown that there is plenty of potential for start-ups in industries where you wouldn’t usually expect it. Here is a hope that we will see more innovation in such industries in the future. You can visit the website at www.theranos.com for more information.
About the author: This article has been contributed by Kabir Singh ( www.econrebel.com)
Popular on BI
- A SpaceX flight attendant said Elon Musk exposed himself and propositioned her for sex, documents show. The company paid $250,000 for her silence.
- WazirX receives 1023 requests for data from law enforcement in October-March 2022
- Elon Musk was dating Amber Heard and finalizing a divorce around the time he's said to have sexually harassed a SpaceX flight attendant
- Researchers develop a virus that works even when iPhone is switched off
- Supreme Court of India extends time for submitting Pegasus probe report
- Chopper services launched in Goa for tourists, locals
- Both Ambuja Cements and ACC are bet worth investing with strong parent Adani
- Reserve Bank to pay ₹30,307 crore dividend payment to Centre for FY22