Everyone's freaking out about this incredible fake Netflix trailer for its highly anticipated 'Lemony Snicket' series
However, Netflix, which has a habit of picking up cancelled properties, greenlit a TV series based on the series.
Very little details are known about the series so far. It remains a guessing game as to whom will get the honor of playing Count Olaf.
There was only one problem with this trailer: It is a fake. We first got suspicious after seeing the trailer was uploaded by a user named Eleanora Poe (the editor-in-chief of a newspaper seen in the books), rather than the official Netflix account. A Netflix representative later told Business Insider the teaser "was not released from Netflix and is not anything official."
Despite this, it is hard not to admire the craft and detail that went into this trailer.
This fanmade trailer is filled with references to the books.
There was various appearances of the eye tattoo that the villainous Count Olaf had on his leg, which often spoiled his many disguises:
You can spot Klaus' glasses on top of a pile of books, as he was an avid reader:
You can watch the fan-made trailer below:
- Snapdragon 8 Gen 1: Qualcomm, Google Cloud partner to upgrade AI models in mobile platforms
- Qualcomm's latest Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 chipset to power Realme GT 2 Pro
- Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 chip: Improved performance, camera capabilities and more
- From today, negative COVID-19 test report and seven days' quarantine mandatory for international travellers to India
- Android apps that steal banking details were downloaded 300,000 times in just 4 months