Here's the surprising thing astronaut Mike Massimino misses most about space
That's a lot of time, when you consider all of the insane living modifications astronauts must make when spending 24 hours in cramped quarters.And when you spend a lot of time in one place with a small group of people, you're bound to get nostalgic about a few things after touching back down on land.Advertisement
At a reception for the opening night of an opera called "The Astronaut's Tale" at the Brooklyn Academy of Music January 28, Massimino told Tech Insider what he misses most from his two space flights.
It's not the feeling of weightlessness, or the disorientation he felt the first time he went upside down, or even the food."I miss the camaraderie of my crew mates," Massimino said. "I miss going into work every day and having fun with my friends."
Space.com reports.It's no wonder, then, that a space crew that bonds over such an incredible experience will come away with friendships that will last a lifetime.Advertisement
- Vaccine to prevent COVID-19 will take long time to be ready: Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw
- Delhi-Moscow AI flight returns midway after pilot found COVID-19 positive
- 18 test positive after attending COVID-19 patient's funeral
- 11 returnees test COVID-19 positive in Nagaland, tally reaches 36
- Batra urges all NOCs and NSFs to get employees tested for Covid 19 after HI staffers test positive