P&G India announced six-month leave for employees who adopt kids and this has won many hearts
AdvertisementThe Indian subsidiary of Procter & Gamble, the American multinational consumer goods company, has decided to introduce a new policy which will allow its employees a paid leave of six months when they adopt a child. The initiative is a part of its industry-leading efforts, which has seen it been counted amongst the first few companies in India to grant maternity leave of six months.
The new policy makes both male and female employees eligible for this paid leave if they are the primary caregivers.
"The intent of launching the
"We expect the trend to pick up, especially as P&G India is a very young organisation with an average age of 28-29," she said. Reportedly, the number of P&G employees who have adopted children has doubled in the past two years.
Not only this, P&G India has also upgraded its flexible working policy which would allow employees to work from home for as many days as their manager allows.
"We are reaffirming our commitment to 'flex@work' by providing greater flexibility in critical life stages like return from maternity/paternity, taking care of ageing parents, attending to a family member who is sick, etc," Roychowdhury said.
It was five years ago that P&G had introduced a maternity leave of six months, setting an example for other companies to follow. With this move, it surely has become an example for its peers.
Popular on BI
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- Elon Musk told his 76-year-old dad Errol to 'keep quiet' in a text message after he said he wasn't proud of his son, report says
- Armed Trump supporters protest outside FBI office in Phoenix following Mar-a-Lago raid: reports
- How India can create opportunities for its new-age farmers
- Akasa Air founder, big bull Rakesh Jhunjhunwala passes at 62
- SIMPLY PUT: What happened before India got Freedom@Midnight
- Here’s how much banks have increased home loan interest rates
- Avatar 2, Black Panther 2, Ant Man — Here is a complete list of Hollywood movies expected to hit Indian theaters in the next 6-7 months