Taylor Swift casually showed up for jury duty, and people freaked out
Taylor Swift was notably absent from the 2016 MTV Video Music Awards on Sunday night, and it seems that a jury duty appearance in Nashville Monday morning could be at least one reason that kept her from making it to the Madison Square Garden award show in New York City.
Swift's fellow jurors took to social media in disbelief with a string of photos and videos of the pop star on Monday morning when they spotted her doing her required public service.
My mom just causally has jury duty with Taylor SWIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pic.twitter.com/mP4RYQRh8p- Madi (@ToxicSwiftx) August 29, 2016
While it is fascinating to see a huge star like Swift taking on the humble, everyday tasks of the average American citizen, there isn't exactly an "I'm a celebrity" loophole on jury-duty forms.Celebrites have notably shown up for jury duty before, though they don't always make it far. Madonna was reportedly excused after two hours because her presence would have been a "distraction."
- Sensex sinks 800 points, Nifty cracks below 11,300 — global selloff eroded ₹4.23 lakh crore from investor wealth
- INTERVIEW: Angel Broking CEO believes the ₹600 crore IPO will ride the ‘digital’ euphoria
- Kerala hikes allowance to transgenders for sex-change surgeries
- Best premium gaming headphones in India
- A breast cancer drug shows promise to change prostate cancer treatment