That ISIS Five Year Expansion Plan Map Is Fake
ABC News has published a map that shows ISIS' alleged 5-year expansion plan.
The map shows a possible future caliphate based upon previously held Islamic territory throughout history. The map seems to confirm everyone's worst fears of a new global jihad inspired by ISIS.Except, according to Tim Fernholz at Quartz, the map itself is a fake.
The map is a fantasy that harkens back to the initial age of Islamic expansion. What the creators of the map seem to gloss over, however, is that this expanse of Islamic-ruled lands was never centrally controlled. Instead, there have always been a number of rival power centers throughout the Muslim world that have vied for control - often bloodily against each other.Over the weekend, ISIS changed its name to simply "the Islamic State," and pronounced its leader to be the caliph, or the global leader of Islam. However, a number of religious leaders have come out against the claim, saying that ISIS is making a mockery of Islam.
- UltraTech Cement's ₹5,477 crore expansion plan is a sign that Birla is betting on a faster economic recovery
- SBI’s mobile banking app is down for the third time in 30 days — digital services take a hit for the 25th time this year
- HCL Tech's Roshni Nadar is India's richest woman in 2020, according to Kotak Wealth Hurun India list
- Hero ISL’s viewership for the first 8 matches has grown by 16% in comparison to last year
- Reliance Infratel resolution plan approved by NCLT Mumbai – Jio to pick up the tower unit