The World's Largest Ship Is On Its Maiden Voyage
The world's largest container ship, the CSCL Globe, has embarked on its maiden voyage from Shanghai to Europe.
The ship measures 1,312 feet long and 192 feet wide and is roughly the size of four soccer fields, according to Gizmag.
It is the first of five to be constructed by Hyundai Heavy Industries at the request of Shanghai-based marine shipping company China Shipping Container Lines.
It can carry around 200 million tablet computers at a time and is 20 percent more energy efficient than other container ships.
Here is a graphic detailing of the CSCL Globe:
ReutersThe CSCL Globe has yet to break the record set by Danish shipping and oil conglomerate AP Moeller Maersk, which set the world record in August for most cargo ever hauled by a ship.
- PM Modi shares image of tailor on the street using Paytm, calls it a common sight across India
- Adani Enterprises’ ₹20,000 crore FPO fully subscribed on the last day
- I was working toward a promotion at Amazon when my manager started emailing me about needing coaching. Now I'm worried about losing my job.
- All major automakers except Bajaj Auto expected to register growth in January say brokerages
- India's core sector output rises by 7.4 per cent in December
- Indian start-ups are looking at reverse flipping says Economic Survey
- This cheesecake startup refused to give up a slice of its company for a lower valuation on Shark Tank India
- SC suggest Nirav Modi's bro-in-law to give letter of authority to CBI to access offshore bank accounts