The World's Largest Ship Is On Its Maiden Voyage
The world's largest container ship, the CSCL Globe, has embarked on its maiden voyage from Shanghai to Europe.
The ship measures 1,312 feet long and 192 feet wide and is roughly the size of four soccer fields, according to Gizmag.
It is the first of five to be constructed by Hyundai Heavy Industries at the request of Shanghai-based marine shipping company China Shipping Container Lines.
It can carry around 200 million tablet computers at a time and is 20 percent more energy efficient than other container ships.
Here is a graphic detailing of the CSCL Globe:
ReutersThe CSCL Globe has yet to break the record set by Danish shipping and oil conglomerate AP Moeller Maersk, which set the world record in August for most cargo ever hauled by a ship.
- India’s techies are leaving IT firms in hordes — Here’s why
- Elon Musk’s puppy, a new strategy to burn tokens, and altcoins playing catch up — the perfect storm for cryptocurrency Shiba Inu to skyrocket
- A renowned female crime novelist who won a million-euro prize in Spain turned out to be three middle-aged men
- Vivo Y3s budget smartphone with HD+ display, 5,000mAh battery launched in India
- Delhi records its first death due to dengue this year
- Your phone may replace your metro card soon — DMRC is planning to introduce NFC payments at entry gates
- Crypto hackers now target iPhone users via dating apps like Bumble, Tinder
- HP Envy 14 review: A solid no-frills laptop for productivity and occasional gaming
- India T20 World cup Jersey
- Photo Editors Apps
- Google Pixel 6 series
- CBSE examdate sheet
- Tata Punch Price
- Punit Goenka
- Motorola Edge 20 Mobile
- Google TV stick vs Amazon Fire TV stick
- Oneplus 9rt smartphone
- Samsung Galaxy M52 review
- Nykaa IPO
- India Coal Crisis
- iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 mini
- IRCTC Share price
- Maximum Sixes
- Tata Sons