The World's Largest Ship Is On Its Maiden Voyage
The world's largest container ship, the CSCL Globe, has embarked on its maiden voyage from Shanghai to Europe.The ship measures 1,312 feet long and 192 feet wide and is roughly the size of four soccer fields, according to Gizmag.
It can carry around 200 million tablet computers at a time and is 20 percent more energy efficient than other container ships.Here is a graphic detailing of the CSCL Globe:
ReutersThe CSCL Globe has yet to break the record set by Danish shipping and oil conglomerate AP Moeller Maersk, which set the world record in August for most cargo ever hauled by a ship.
- Pidilite shares surge as the 61-year old company acquires Araldite maker for ₹2,100 crore
- Chennai lashed with rainfall, many roads waterlogged
- Pinterest stock soars 23% as the social media platform garners 442 million global monthly active users
- Top stock movers — Bharti Airtel, RBL Bank, Pidilite, Titan, Hero Motocorp, Asian Paints, TCS, L&T and others
- Manforce Condoms aims to capture 50% market share by 2023