The best clothes hangers you can buy
The Insider Picks team writes about stuff we think you'll like. Business Insider has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase.
- There's nothing worse than a messy, disorganized closet. Having high-quality clothes hangers that match is an absolute must.
- After much research, we found that the AmazonBasics Wood Suit Hangers are best for most people with their sturdy design, low price, and bulk buying options.
Hangers come in all kinds of shapes, sizes, types, and materials. It can be hard to know which ones are best for your clothes and your closet. One thing is for sure, though - Cheap, thin, flimsy wire and plastic hangers are not the answer. Sturdy, well-made wooden hangers are best, though velvet and padded ones are also very good. We've chosen wooden hangers for our picks because they tend to last longest and look the nicest.
We've also included a few different types of hangers: regular, all-purpose ones that can handle any piece of clothing you have; special ones that are made for hanging pants and skirts without creases; hangers made for children specifically; and a tie rack that can hold ties, scarves, or belts easily.Editor's note on the merits of high-end hangers: In our research, we found many incredible companies like Kirby Allison's Hanger Project, which make lovely high-end hangers out of fine wood and other materials, however, these hangers are rather expensive, and most people will probably be just fine with more mid-range or budget picks like the ones we recommend.
Here are the best hangers you can buy:
- Best hangers overall: AmazonBasics Wood Suit Hangers
- Best hangers for pants: Natural Wooden Trouser Clamp & Skirt Hanger
- Best hangers for coats: Superior Natural Wooden Hangers
- Best hangers for kids: Honey-Can-Do Kids Wood Shirt Hangers With Metal Clips
- Best hanger for ties: Woodlore Cedar 42-Peg Tie Hanger
- Best velvet hangers: Joy Mangano Huggable Hangers
Updated on 01/18/2019: Updated prices and formatting. Added related organization guides.
Read on in the slides below to check out our top picks.Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at email@example.com.
The best hanger overall
The best hanger for pants and skirtsAdvertisement
The best hanger for coats and suits
The best hanger for kidsAdvertisement
The best hanger for belts, ties, and scarves
The best slim velvet hangers for gripAdvertisement
Check out our other organizational product guides
- Rupee settles flat at 75.19 against US dollar
- Radhakishan Damani has a string of challenges ahead of him and falling profits at DMart don’t help
- Because creativity must go on...
- Tripura's COVID-19 tally mounts to 2,068 with 105 fresh cases
- ₹10,000 invested in Biocon just before lockdown is now worth over ₹16,500— here’s why