This Is What The Sting From Those Killer Giant Hornets In China Looks Like
Forty-one people have died and more than 1,600 have been injured by a series of hornet attacks in China.
[WARNING: The images below are graphic]The insect responsible for the deaths is the Asian giant hornet (Vespa mandarinia), which has a 6 millimeter stinger that injects its victim with venom containing a neurotoxin that is "powerful enough to dissolve human tissue," according to The Australian.
Local mayors have dispatched firefighters to systematically destroy the hornet nests.These images from a local news report posted to LiveLeak show how the sting appears to make a hole in the human flesh.
Those who are stung are advised to seek immediate medical treatment.
Watch the full news report below:
- Everybody in India must get Covid vaccine free, says Kejriwal
- Samsung now lets you buy up to four products in one single EMI as it seeks to boost sales this festive season
- Equitas Small Finance Bank IPO allotment: Here’s how to check share allotment status
- K'taka healthcare warriors first to get Covid vaccine: Minister
- Cong, BJP in K'taka cross swords over vaccine promise