A psychologist says more people in relationships are 'micro-cheating' - here's how to know if it's happening to you
- "Micro-cheating" involves seemingly trivial behaviors that suggest a person is emotionally or physically involved with someone outside the relationship.
- The top signs are secrecy and deception, like if your partner hides their online chats with a "friend."
- Ultimately, every couple has to set their own boundaries around infidelity.
The Daily Mail is out with an article on "micro-cheating." And depending on your perspective, it could either help validate all the fears you've been having about your relationship - or create new insecurities.
View all Offers
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Gray Sierra, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) I Extra upto Rs.1000 off on Exchange₹ 29999Buy On
- 19% OFF
Redmi Note 10 (Aqua Green, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) -Amoled Dot Display | 48MP Sony Sensor IMX582 | Snapdragon 678 Processor₹ 12999₹ 15999Buy On
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Blue Haze, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) I Extra upto Rs.1000 off on Exchange₹ 29999Buy On
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9A (Nature Green, 2GB RAM, 32GB Storage) | 2GHz Octa-core Helio G25 Processor | 5000 mAh Battery₹ 6999₹ 8499Buy On
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9 (Carbon Black, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) | 2.3GHz Mediatek Helio G35 Octa core Processor₹ 8999₹ 10999Buy On
Schilling isn't the first to comment on so-called micro-cheating. Urban Dictionary's entry for "micro-cheating" - "when someone cheats on a partner, but just a little bit. Like copping a feel or kissing" - dates back to 2008.In 2016, Thought Catalog published a list titled "33 Ways Your Boyfriend is Micro-cheating (and Totally Getting Away With It)." Signs include "gifting his girlfriend with a bottle of the perfume his crush wears so she'll smell like his latest fantasy chick."
It's important for individual couples to set boundaries around cheating
A commenter on the subreddit Ask Women, writing in response to the Thought Catalog list, put it nicely:
"I don't understand the concept of 'micro-cheating'. What I do understand is the concept of relationship boundaries. Every relationship partner should have their boundaries and if their partner goes outside of the agreed upon boundaries, then I think that is a betrayal by their partner. Whether or not they want to call that cheating, 'micro-cheating', or whatever doesn't matter to me."
- Fino Payments Bank files papers for ₹1,300 crore IPO
- OfBusiness, a platform that helps SMEs get raw materials, becomes the newest unicorn from India
- Tokyo Olympics: India's P V Sindhu loses to world number one Tai Tzu Ying of Chinese Taipei in the semis
- Droom founder explains why he is considering a US IPO and where he intends to spend the money
- 21 new COVID-19 cases reported at Tokyo Olympics, no athletes among them