A U.K. Crime Czar Just Said Undercover Cops Can Sleep With Suspects
Officer Mark Kennedy recently admitted to sleeping with two female members of an environmental activist group he was infiltrating, The Telegraph reported Wednesday.
The news of his dalliances sparked confusion about the sex-with-suspects question.
But Nick Herbert, the U.K.'s minister for policing and criminal justice, has finally weighed in.
Herbert said undercover cops can have sex with suspects if not doing so could blow their cover, The Telegraph reported.
"[B]anning such actions would provide the group targeted the opportunity to find out whether there was an undercover officer specifically within their group," Herbert said.
- SIMPLY PUT: What happened before India got Freedom@Midnight
- Here’s how much banks have increased home loan interest rates
- Avatar 2, Black Panther 2, Ant Man — Here is a complete list of Hollywood movies expected to hit Indian theaters in the next 6-7 months
- Qmin has been profitable business for IHCL from day one, says Jehangir Press
- India's foreign exchange reserves fall to $573 bn