A U.K. Crime Czar Just Said Undercover Cops Can Sleep With Suspects
Officer Mark Kennedy recently admitted to sleeping with two female members of an environmental activist group he was infiltrating, The Telegraph reported Wednesday.
The news of his dalliances sparked confusion about the sex-with-suspects question.
But Nick Herbert, the U.K.'s minister for policing and criminal justice, has finally weighed in.
Herbert said undercover cops can have sex with suspects if not doing so could blow their cover, The Telegraph reported.
"[B]anning such actions would provide the group targeted the opportunity to find out whether there was an undercover officer specifically within their group," Herbert said.
- A massive study from Israel suggests older adults were far less likely to develop severe COVID-19 after a booster shot, but the finding carries major limitations
- Everything you need to know about iOS 15: Release date, new features, supported devices
- Watch SpaceX launch 4 space tourists into Earth's orbit
- Wealth management firm White Oak Capital gets SEBI’s nod to enter mutual fund business
- IPO-bound Pine Labs raises another $100 million
- Virat Kohli to step down as India’s T20 captain, says he had ‘immense workload’ over the years
- India's bad bank gets government nod — green lights NARCL with ₹30,600 crore guarantee
- Byju’s acquires yet another coding-for-kids startup, this time an American one