A video showed Floyd Mayweather saying he was flying to Saudi Arabia for Manny Pacquiao rematch talks, but he now says it's not true
- Floyd Mayweather says a recently released video of him suggesting he was in talks to rematch Manny Pacquiao is "old," and that he won't be fighting the Filipino again.
- The video surfaced on social media Sunday from an unknown source, but Mayweather was quick to shut it down.
- The 42-year-old told Fight Hype: "As far as me and Manny Pacquiao, as of right now, it will never be a rematch."
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Floyd Mayweather says a video in which he appears to suggest he will rematch Manny Pacquiao in Saudi Arabia is old, and that there is no chance he will fight the Filipino again.
Boxing fans were surprised Sunday when a mysterious video began circulating on social media, in which Mayweather said he was on his way to Saudi Arabia to open talks about a second bout with Pacquiao.
"It's an honour to come to Saudi Arabia to sit down with you guys to talk about the Mayweather vs. Pacquiao rematch," the American fighter can be heard saying in the viral video, which was not released on any of his official social media channels.
"Saudi Arabia. Floyd 'Money' Mayweather. I'm on my way."
But the American fighter has since been quick to shut down the footage, insisting it is in fact an old video from a previous trip.
The 42-year-old told Fight Hype: "The video that y'all been seeing is false because I went to Saudi Arabia a long time ago.
"I talked to them about me fighting there, just different fights, but they wanted me to specifically say Manny Pacquiao. Basically, that's an old video. At the end of the day, there's no talks about me and Manny Pacquiao fighting a rematch."
He concluded: "As far as me and Manny Pacquiao, as of right now, it will never be a rematch."
Mayweather topped Pacquiao in a 2015 fight, winning by unanimous decision at the MGM Arena in Las Vegas, and the American has long teased a rematch with his welterweight rival.
In 2016, Mayweather told ESPN he would fight Pacquiao after the Filipino's recovery from rotator cuff surgery, and only last year he again told the world he was planning a rematch after the pair met at an event in Tokyo.
Neither fight materialized however, and Mayweather's latest comments now appear to have completely ruled out a bout between the two in the future.
Mayweather officially retired from boxing in 2017 after beating UFC star Conor McGregor in a boxing rules bout, however Pacquiao continues to fight.
The 40-year-old most recently beat Keith Thurman in July to take his professional record to 62 wins (39 by knockout) against seven losses and two draws.