Alfa Romeo's new sports sedan could be a threat to BMW
After a two-decade absence, Alfa Romeo returned to the US last year with the pint-sized 4C sports car. Now, the legendary Italian brand is ready to offer something a bit more mainstream with the 2016 Alfa Romeo Giulia sedan.It's an important vehicle Fiat Chrysler Automobiles -Alfa's parent company - as the company seeks to stake a claim to the American luxury auto market.Advertisement
With this BMW 3-Series sized car, FCA may be able to jump start the revival of the cult brand in America.
At first glance, it's immediately clear that FCA spent a lot of time and effort on the new Giulia. According to the company, the sedan was created by a "Skunkworks of the best engineers, designers, and stylists within the company."So what does this mean for the consumer?
Although there will be several versions of the car with varying degrees of hotness, it was the top-of-the-line Quadrifoglio edition that was recently presented to the press in Italy.
Oh and then there are the looks. In true Alfa fashion, the new Giulia is stylish and flamboyant, but with a dose of German practicality. It maintains the company's trademark front grille, but the rest of the car is more Teutonic muscle sedan than Italian Autostrada cruiser.Alfa Romeo and FCA have yet to announce pricing for the new Giulia as well as the exact timeline for its US arrival.Advertisement
- After India, China is now breaching the borders of Nepal
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 review – the iPad Pro has competition, finally
- Parliament passes 3 key labour reform bills
- The Arctic, one of the coldest places on Earth, is becoming greener and that's not a good thing
- Airtel picks up a stake in cloud communications startup Waybeo, which builds AI-based telecom solutions