Alfa Romeo's new sports sedan could be a threat to BMW
View all Offers
After a two-decade absence, Alfa Romeo returned to the US last year with the pint-sized 4C sports car. Now, the legendary Italian brand is ready to offer something a bit more mainstream with the 2016 Alfa Romeo Giulia sedan.
It's an important vehicle Fiat Chrysler Automobiles -Alfa's parent company - as the company seeks to stake a claim to the American luxury auto market.
With this BMW 3-Series sized car, FCA may be able to jump start the revival of the cult brand in America.
At first glance, it's immediately clear that FCA spent a lot of time and effort on the new Giulia. According to the company, the sedan was created by a "Skunkworks of the best engineers, designers, and stylists within the company."
So what does this mean for the consumer?
Although there will be several versions of the car with varying degrees of hotness, it was the top-of-the-line Quadrifoglio edition that was recently presented to the press in Italy.
The Giulia is built on an all-new, rear-wheel drive platform, upon which a series of new models will be based. For those searching for a truly visceral driving experience, the Alfa's equipped with a performance-oriented sports suspension and a perfect 50/50 front/rear weight distribution. This should make the Quadrifoglio a dream to put through the corners.
Oh and then there are the looks. In true Alfa fashion, the new Giulia is stylish and flamboyant, but with a dose of German practicality. It maintains the company's trademark front grille, but the rest of the car is more Teutonic muscle sedan than Italian Autostrada cruiser.
Alfa Romeo and FCA have yet to announce pricing for the new Giulia as well as the exact timeline for its US arrival.
- WhatsApp won’t work on these phones from November 1: Check the full list
- Shiba Inu hits another all-time-high — now more valuable than Adani Enterprises, Tata Steel and Tech Mahindra
- Shiba Inu is not only bigger than Dogecoin — it’s now bigger than XRP, Polkadot and USD Coin as the seventh-biggest player in the market
- Best budget external hard disk drives under ₹4,000 in India
- IRCTC will lose a chunk of its revenue to the Indian government starting next month
- EaseMyTrip makes its first acquisition in 13 years to strengthen its hotel offerings
- Portugal''s political fate uncertain after govt budget defeat
- Battlegrounds Mobile India gets Dune-themed rewards in new crossover