Amazon India is getting aggressive with fashion segment, launches second in-house brand within four months
In a bid to shore up its sales in fashion segment, Amazon India rolled out Myx, which is an ethnic wear label for women.
"We are just eight weeks into launching our private label in fashion. Should we do more brands or not is a question we need to see. Early customer offtake is good but what we do with it is too early to ask," Arun Sirdeshmukh, head of Amazon Fashion-India, told ET.
Presently, the online fashion segment is led by Myntra, owned by
As per various reports, fashion will be the most shopped category in India by 2020. Google-AT Kearney report stated fashion is among the top three selling categories for most horizontal marketplaces along with consumer electronics and mobile phones.
"In India, we launched brands Amazon India and Amazon Fashion together, starting with watches which was followed by apparels and accessories soon after. Fashion will be and is a critical segment. Fashion as a category is one of the largest and in terms of units is right at the top," Sirdeshmukh told ET.
Popular on BI
- How well do you know the logos of your favourite cryptocurrencies?
- Byju's has acquired yet another startup, this time from Austria
- HCL Tech, Tata Motors and Nazara Technologies are the top stocks to watch out for on December 9
- An Indian media veteran is building a social media platform just for women after his wife got trolled on Whatsapp
- Not received Tega Industries’ IPO refund? Here are the things you should take a note of