Amazon just opened its first brick-and-mortar bookstore - here's what it's like inside
How's this for irony? Online retail-giant Amazon - possibly the biggest threat facing bookstores across America - opened a brick-and-mortar bookstore in Seattle, Washington, this week. It's the company's first physical store since founder and CEO Jeff Bezos launched the company in his garage 21 years ago.Amazon Books, housed in a former Blue C Sushi location, contains upwards of 5,000 books, including best-sellers, Amazon.com customer favorites, and titles hand-picked by employees, including Bezos himself. The company will also reference its treasure trove of data to figure out what's worth keeping on the shelves.
These photos from Amazon Book's opening day might make you think twice about using your virtual shopping cart.
- TTD approves Rs 2,938-crore budget for 2021-22
- Wholesale growth expected to continue for tractors, passenger vehicles and two-wheelers, says equity research firm Emkay
- Centre finalises One District One Focus Product to promote in cluster approach
- A Mumbai-based EV startup launched the cheapest electric car with a 200 km range
- HP's worldwide shipments grow 5.6% in fourth quarter of 2020, says IDC