Amazon just opened its first brick-and-mortar bookstore - here's what it's like inside
How's this for irony? Online retail-giant Amazon - possibly the biggest threat facing bookstores across America - opened a brick-and-mortar bookstore in Seattle, Washington, this week. It's the company's first physical store since founder and CEO Jeff Bezos launched the company in his garage 21 years ago.Amazon Books, housed in a former Blue C Sushi location, contains upwards of 5,000 books, including best-sellers, Amazon.com customer favorites, and titles hand-picked by employees, including Bezos himself. The company will also reference its treasure trove of data to figure out what's worth keeping on the shelves.
These photos from Amazon Book's opening day might make you think twice about using your virtual shopping cart.
- Here’s how Indians are buying Tesla, Facebook, and Apple shares through brokerage startups
- Radio ad revenue for July-Sept quarter in 2020 was Rs 198.53 crore: TRAI
- YouTube starts rolling out hashtag landing pages— here’s how you can use it
- Do not panic when Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman reads out the revised estimates
- India records 14,545 new COVID-19 cases in last 24 hours