Amazon says Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2018 were the biggest shopping days in its history
REUTERS/Ralph D. Freso
- Amazon has said that Cyber Monday was the biggest ever shopping day in their 24-year history.
- It was part of a record-breaking holiday season spanning Thanksgiving, Black Friday, the weekend, and Cyber Monday.
- They say they also shifted "millions" more products from Thanksgiving to Cyber Monday than during the 2017 holiday period.
- Amazon expressed the sales figures as a percentage increase, rather than dollar amounts.
Amazon say that Cyber Monday smashed the company's records to become the biggest shopping day in history.
The company did not release hard figures but said 2018 was "the single biggest shopping day in the company's history with the most products ordered worldwide," a company press release said on Tuesday.
Amazon also said that the period between Thanksgiving and Cyber Monday - known as the Turkey-five - also broke the company record for the most sales worldwide, selling "millions" more products than the same period in 2017.
Jeff Wilke, CEO of Amazon Worldwide Consumer said: "Black Friday and Cyber Monday continue to break records on Amazon year over year, which tells us that customers love shopping for deals to kick off the holiday shopping season."
- I'm a 56-year-old IT worker who got laid off last year and have been unemployed ever since. I have a hunch I'm not finding work due to ageism. How do I prove it?
- Germany relaxes Schengen visa rules for Indians
- Kanye West says he's selling Balenciaga, Adidas, and Gap hoodies for $20 after the companies all cut ties with him
- WhatsApp rolls out contact cards sharing on Windows beta
- FIFA WC: Lionel Messi doing well, says Argentina manager Scaloni amid injury concerns
- ADB, Wabag sign USD 25 mn debt facility for sanitation, water security in India
- RBI pauses onboarding of online merchants by Paytm Payments Services; firm says no material impact on biz
- Over 50% of microbusinesses had no mechanisms to cushion Covid impact, Road to Recovery report says
- Tata Aviation
- Visa Platinum Prepaid Card
- Interest Rate on Deposits
- Uniparts IPO
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- tata Consumer
- Asus new Desktop
- Sandhya Devanathans
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Small Cap Companies
- India Pharma
- Tata Tiago cng vs Alto k10 cng
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World