Amul’s latest ad about RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan is perfect
AdvertisementAmul’s cheeky print ads need no introduction, do they?
Time and again, they have delivered hilarious takes and digs on politicians, topical controversies or moments of joy.
And, while it’s difficult to choose among all of these brilliant cartoons they’ve done in the past, it’s safe to say that their latest cartoon on the controversy surrounding politician Subramanian Swamy’s comments on RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan takes the cake!
Though, they’ve tried playing it safe, one can very well assume which side they are on. We especially like 'second helping please!'
This is what the ad looks like-
It all started when on May 12, BJP’s
"I don't think he is fit for the country. His decision to increase interest rates to reduce inflation and stabilise the economy has backfired and badly affected the nation. All the industries have collapsed and as a result unemployment has increased," Swamy had said, adding that Rajan should be sent back to Chicago at the earliest.
Swamy even wrote to the Indian Prime Minister
His comments naturally caused a lot of debate and speculations are rife on whether Rajan will be given a second term after his first term comes to an end on September.
Popular on BI
- Not hard, not soft, the earliest dino eggs may have been of a 'leathery' texture to protect against damage: study
- Don't need to go big to go home: Australia is turning to sustainable 'tiny houses' to fix their housing crisis!
- Affordability levels to buy homes hit in last 2 years; to improve in 2024 on likely repo rate cut: JLL
- Carbon tax turns into climate fight at COP28
- Market to focus on macro data, global trends: Analysts