An Air Force F-35A just collapsed on a Florida runway - and a photojournalist captured it
Senior Airman Jeremy L. Mosier and Tech. Sgt. Samuel Morse / US Air Force
- An F-35's nose gear collapsed on a runway at Eglin Air Force Base in Florida on Wednesday.
- And a photojournalist for the Northwest Florida Daily News was able to capture it.
An F-35's nose gear collapsed on a runway at Eglin Air Force Base in Florida on Wednesday, which a photojournalist for the Northwest Florida Daily News was able to capture.
"An F-35A Lightning II, assigned to the 58th Fighter Squadron, experienced a ground mishap at approximately 12:50 p.m. today on the flightline," according to a press statement from the 33rd Fighter Wing.
"The F-35A experienced an in-flight emergency and returned to base," the press statement read. "The aircraft landed safely and parked when the front nose gear collapsed."
The pilot was uninjured, and the incident is being investigated, the press statement read.
- Female African elephants evolved toward being tuskless over just a few decades as poachers sought ivory
- Manchester United owners are getting drawn to the world's biggest cricket league – here's why
- Federal Bank is offering internships for fresh graduates — Check out stipend, incentives and other details
- Best smartphones with 90Hz display under ₹20,000 in India
- Best 2.1 channel soundbars in India
- Best high speed monochrome printers in India
- Best multi-pin charging cables in India
- India vs Pakistan at T20 World Cup — Where to watch the match