An Austrian Artist Has Completely Reinvented The Door
Austrian artist Klemens Torggler has reinvented the door with his latest project.
Called the Evolution Door (which we first spotted on the blog Colossal), the 4-panel door opens and closes elegantly as though it's made of pieces of paper. Roggler calls it a "flip panel door" (or "Dryehplattentür").
Torggler has a few variations on this door, one with the origami-esque triangles that fold out to help the door move, and another system with rods that rotate two square panels.
Currently the door is a prototype, and comes in a glass, steel, and wood version.
Watch the triangle version in action below:
And here's the steel door with rod system:
- Byju's says Aakash acquisition on track after reports that it has failed to pay up
- 11,000 and counting — that’s how bad startup job losses are after Ola, WhiteHat Jr & 22 others cut costs
- South Indians crack the most office jokes in India, says survey
- After groceries in 10 minutes, most Indians want their shoes delivered in 2 hours
- Here’s how much stake Reliance, Meta, Google and others have in Jio Platforms