Apple just sent out invites for its big iPhone announcement next month
- Apple just set out invites for an event on September 10, where it's widely expected to reveal the new iPhone.
- Apple has launched a new iPhone every September since 2012.
- This year's iPhone is expected to be called the iPhone 11 and may come with a triple-lens camera.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
It looks like Apple will announce the iPhone 11 on September 10.
The company just sent out media invites for an event held at the Steve Jobs Theater at its Apple Park campus on that day. Apple has released a new iPhone every September since 2012, so it's very likely that it will do so yet again during its upcoming event.
Apple's next iPhone, which is expected to be called the iPhone 11 or iPhone Pro, will reportedly come with a new triple-lens camera system for taking ultra-wide-angle photos similar to Samsung's new smartphones. It may also come with a feature for wirelessly charging accessories like the Apple Watch and AirPods by resting them on the back of the iPhone, as reports from Bloomberg and TF International Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo indicate, as 9to5Mac noted.
The new iPhone will probably come in three different versions, keeping with the pattern Apple established in 2017. We're expected to see a successor to the iPhone XS and larger-sized iPhone XS Max as well as a iPhone XR follow-up. None of these new iPhones will be 5G compatible, however, as Apple is expected to release its first 5G smartphone in 2020.
The company is also expected to share more information about its new Apple TV Plus entertainment service and Apple Arcade gaming subscription at the event. There's also a chance it could unveil a new Apple Watch, as it's done in years past.
- A new Star Trek NFT is stored on the DNA of bacteria, and there are billions of copies already
- Best 2K ultrawide monitors for gaming and streaming
- Best budget smartphones for gaming
- Best gaming keyboards with macro keys
- Best ergonomic mice for long working hours