'Aquaman' has already made more money worldwide than 'Justice League' and 'Suicide Squad'
- "Aquaman" won the domestic box office for a second-straight weekend with $51.5 million.
- The movie's worldwide total of $748.8 million has surpassed the lifetime gross of "Justice League" and "Suicide Squad."
- "Mary Poppins Returns" stays in second place with $28 million, and now has a domestic total of $98.9 million, which will best the domestic take of Disney's "Christopher Robin" by New Year's Day.
View all Offers
- 65% OFF
Qube By Fort Collins Women's Cotton Sweatshirt (92017 AZ_Red_Large)₹ 1299₹ 1299Buy On
- 79% OFF
Yash Gallery Women's Plus Size Rayon Geometric Print Embroidered Anarkali Kurta (Black)₹ 959₹ 4199Buy On
Amazon Brand - Symbol Men's Relaxed Fit Casual Trousers₹ 759₹ 1999Buy On
- 70% OFF
Qube By Fort Collins Women's Parka Coat (39277AZ_Cream_Large)₹ 2399₹ 2399Buy On
- 50% OFF
Adidas Mens Polyester M Wof Fz Sweatshirt (Hc3897_l, Black/black, L)₹ 1500₹ 2999Buy On
"Aquaman" continues to dominate the box office in its second week in US theaters.
Warner Bros.'s latest release from its DC Comics Extended Universe is number one for a second-straight weekend with an estimated $51.5 million, which is a stronger week-two figure than some of the big comic book movie releases of the past.
In fact, the worldwide total of $748.8 million for "Aquaman" as of this weekend is more than the lifetime gross of "Justice League" ($657.9 million) and "Suicide Squad" ($746.8 million). The success of "Aquaman" for Warner Bros. stands in stark contrast with "Justice League's" deflating release for the DCEU last year.
Now, the watch begins to see if James Wan's underwater thrill ride can break the $1 billion worldwide box office milestone. With the movie going into January, which is always a soft time of year when it comes to new releases, Warner Bros. won't have to worry about much competition. But having already opened in China (and dominating there) in early December, the movie can't expect a boost from a late international release.
This weekend it took in another second place finish with $28 million, its domestic total is now at $98.9 million. By New Year's Day it will top the domestic total of the studio's "Christopher Robin" release earlier this year of $99.2 million.
But don't feel sorry for Disney. A big reason for the record-breaking box office business in 2018 is because of the 26% market share of Disney at the domestic ticket counter.
- Shrinking car and two-wheeler sales is now hurting India’s biggest private bank
- The best pay masters in the gig economy aren’t good enough
- Amazon Great Republic Sale: Top deals on recliners, sofas and more home furnishing items
- Best fashion and beauty deals during Amazon sale
- Amazon Great Republic Day Sale — Best audio deals on headphones, speakers
- Mythology audiobooks
- Electric car Championship
- India's win in Centurion
- Millionaires Employees
- Car with Waiting Period
- Tax Saving Investment
- Urban Company
- New Year 2022
- Upcoming new laptops
- Bank Holidays in January
- Valuable NFT Projects
- Xiaomi 11i hypercharge
- GST Input tax credit
- Public Holidays in 2022
- RBL Stocks
- Upcoming Smartphones in 2022