Ariana Grande's massive diamond-and-pearl engagement ring could have cost over $750,000, according to an expert
- Ariana Grande is engaged to her boyfriend of about one year, Dalton Gomez.
- Ajay Anand, CEO of Rare Carat, estimates that the ring has an 8-carat diamond and would have cost upwards of $750,000.
- Other experts, like Denis Stepansky of ItsHot Diamond Jewelry and Watches and Shannon Delaney-Ron of JamesAllen.com, believe that the diamond is about 5 carats and that the ring probably cost between $200,000 and $300,000.
- Fans and Anand think that the pearl might have come from a ring Grande's grandmother gave her in 2014.
Ariana Grande shared news of her engagement to boyfriend Dalton Gomez on Sunday, and one expert thinks the ring could've cost more than $750,000.
The "Positions" singer shared an Instagram post with several photos of herself and Gomez and two photos showing off the new ring on her finger. "Forever n then some," she wrote in the caption.In the close-up shot, the ring appears to feature a pearl and a much larger diamond beside it on a simple band.
"The band is plain yellow gold and it's a setting design we have never seen before," Anand added.
Denis Stepansky of ItsHot Diamond Jewelry and Watches had a more conservative guess about the cut of the diamond as well as the price of the ring.
"Judging by the picture, the oval diamond is about 5 carats. Such a ring with top quality 5-carat oval diamond will be worth around $200,000 to $250,000," Stepansky said.However, Stepansky echoed Anand in describing the style of the ring as "unique."Shannon Delaney-Ron of JamesAllen.com also believes that the ring is in the price range of $250,000 to $300,000, describing the "sparkler" as a 5-carat diamond ring "offset next to a lustrous pearl on a thin platinum band."
Anand told Insider he thinks the pearl might hold special significance for Grande
"It is understood her grandmother had a pearl ring made for her in 2014, which used a pearl from her grandfather's tie pin. Could this be the same pearl?" Anand said.
Grande's fans also believe this might be the case, Insider's music reporter Callie Ahlgrim reported. In 2014, Grande tweeted a picture of the ring that her "nonna" gave her containing her grandfather's pearl."She says he told her in a dream it'd protect me," she wrote.
—Ariana Grande (@ArianaGrande) October 28, 2014
Gomez and Grande have been together for just under a year
According to Insider music reporter Callie Ahlgrim's relationship timeline for the pair, Gomez and Grande were first linked in January and were spotted kissing at a California bar the following month.
A few months later, Gomez made an appearance in a music video for Grande's song "Stuck with You" and has occasionally popped up on her Instagram grid since.Grande was famously (and briefly) engaged once before, to Pete Davidson, for less than five months in 2018.
- Brands like Burberry and Armani as well as online retail help Asia’s second richest man bag record retail profit
- Madhya Pradesh Assembly budget session between Feb 22-Mar 26
- Reliance Industries Oct-Dec 2020 earnings were below estimates
- Reliance Jio’s profit grows 15% but new subscribers are the lowest in 7 quarters
- Popular devotional singer Narendra Chanchal passes away at 80