Bank of America Merrill Lynch beats Wall Street forecasts with record second-quarter earnings
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch reported second-quarter earnings Wednesday that beat analysts' profit expectations.
- Watch Bank of America Merrill Lynch trade live.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch posted a record $0.74 in second-quarter earnings per share, outpacing the $0.71 expected by Wall Street analyst surveyed by Bloomberg. Revenue and net income rose in the consumer banking and global wealth and investment management divisions, but fell in the global banking and global markets segments.Here are the key numbers:Advertisement
- Adjusted net income: $7.3 billion versus the $6.18 billion estimate
- Earnings per share: $0.74 versus the $0.71 estimate
- Revenue: $23.1 billion versus the $23.16 billion estimate
- Expenses: $13.3 billion
"Our view of the economy reflects the activity by the one-in-two American households we serve, which points to a steadily growing economy," he added. "We see solid consumer activity across the board, with spending by Bank of America consumers up five percent this quarter over the second quarter of last year."
- Bank mitra robbed of cash worth Rs 3.5 lakh in Mathura
- Doctor tests positive for coronavirus in Odisha's Cuttack
- Bihar COVID toll reaches 15 as 2 migrants die; tally 2,968 with 231 fresh cases
- Fed up with living in containment zones, mob attacks police
- C'garh govt declares 95 areas as containment zones