BOEHNER: Obama Is 'Taking A Nap' While Iraq Is Falling Apart
"It's not like we haven't seen this problem coming for over a year," Boehner said at a press conference on Thursday. "They're 100 miles from Baghdad. And what's the president doing? Taking a nap!"
The Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIS), a group so extreme it was expelled from al-Qaida's global network earlier this year, has made major advances this week. It has seized control of the key Iraqi cities of Mosul and Tikrit, and it has gained facilities in the oil-refining town of Baiji.
The White House said Wednesday it is "deeply concerned" about the developments in Iraq, and that it is committed to providing assistance with Iraq.
- White collar roles more at threat from AI
- Market cap of BSE-listed firms hits record high of Rs 331 lakh crore; just shy of entering $4-trillion club
- 10 Best honeymoon places near Delhi
- Samsung launches new smartphone with 50 MP camera in India
- Unveiling the sweet side of corn: 7 mouthwatering recipes