Britain beats - UK GDP expanded more than expected in 2015
The UK's fourth quarter GDP growth has been revised upwards to 0.6% - up from 0.5% at the previous estimate.
The Office for National Statistics released its third and final set of GDP figures for the final quarter of last year on Thursday, and the numbers are better than expected. As well as a quarterly upward revision, for the year, growth was up 2.1%, up from the previous estimate of 1.9%.
Here's the chart:
- Gold and silver jewellery to get a lot more expensive
- Indian tycoon Gautam Adani has abandoned a $2.5 billion fundraising effort in his latest setback following a short seller attack on his business empire
- It's been a very bad month for Indian billionaires — four of the richest Indians have collectively lost about $45 billion in 2023
- Sensex, Nifty50 likely to open in the green amid positive global cues: Adani Enterprises, SBI Life, HDFC Life among stocks in focus
- Budget to aid flagging affordable home segment, boosts demand with infra push
- BYJU's slashes over 1,000 jobs, mostly from its engineering teams
- Budget 2023-24: Positive for infra and credit growth
- Budget 2023-24: Continued focus on infra to enable growth, create jobs & enhance quality of life