Business Insider is hiring a guides editor for Insider Picks
As more and more people shop online, it's Insider Pick's job to sift through the millions of products out there to highlight the few that will add value to our readers' lives.
Insider Picks prides itself on finding its readers the best products and deals from around the web every day - whether that's a fantastic set of bed sheets, an amazing-sounding Bluetooth speaker, a highly-reviewed online course for beginner coders, or an awesome gift to give a loved one during the holiday season.The guides editor will take on a new arm of Insider Picks that focuses on building and updating thoughtful and thorough buying guides. This person will also help us order and classify product categories to build a comprehensive site optimized for product research and discovery.
The ideal candidate has excellent writing and editing skills, thrives in a fast-paced environment, is focused and detailed, and has a passion for finding the best versions of products in every category. They are confident and careful when reviewing products and can describe the pros and cons of any item with conviction, while incorporating Business Insider's voice, style, and audience in mind.
This is a great role for someone with product journalism experience and is excited to build an exciting new coverage area for Business Insider.
- Writing and sourcing via freelance thoroughly researched buying-guide-style stories and making product recommendations to our audience
- Using analysis and reader feedback to improve existing articles and generate new ideas
- Executing a buying-guide strategy from concept to completion and maintaining those guides
- Sifting through relevant products to find items that resonate with our audience
- Promoting the guides across the web, through various digital optimization efforts
- Maintaining and updating guides as new products are released to ensure accuracy over time
- Tracking the guides in affiliate analytics
If you bring both writing and editing experience, and know how and where to find the best deals and products around the web, this is a great job for you. Additional requirements:
- At least 2 years of editing experience, and recent experience hiring qualified freelancers
- A basic understanding Business Insider's audience and writing style, and a willingness to learn our style
- A huge interest in shopping for great products and good deals
- Flawless grammar, spelling, and usage
- Basic-level understanding of Photoshop and HTML (more than basic is a plus)
If this sounds like the job for you, please apply online and include a resume, links to your social profiles, and tell us about 2 products you think would be great for Business Insider's readers.