IRCTC shares added nearly ₹1,000 crore to their market value in the opening minutes of trade as Indian Railways is set to take bookings
IRCTCrallied over 5%, adding nearly a ₹1,000 crore to the market value, on Monday (May 11).
- The Rail ministry said the online booking for the trains will start at 4 pm today(May 11) on the IRCTC website.
- Prabhudas Lilladher, a brokerage firm maintained its ‘Buy’ rating on IRCTC, with a target price of ₹1,428 as of April 27.
AdvertisementIndia’s top online booking portal IRCTC rallied over 5%, adding nearly a ₹1,000 crore to the market value in the opening minutes of trade, on Monday (May 11), after Indian Railways decided to start taking bookings for passenger trains after a brief hiatus due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The shares of the $3 billion monopoly hit a upper circuit halting trades on the counter.
The Rail ministry said the online booking for the trains will start at 4 pm today(May 11) on the IRCTC website. “The national transporter is planning to gradually restart special AC passenger train operations from Tuesday with 15 trains, including their return journey, with limited stops,” said a statement from The Railway Ministry’s executive director of Media, Rajesh Dutt Bajpai.
SEE ALSO: IRCTC share price has jumped 30% in April so far despite the lockdown that’s halted trains, ticketing, and even Rail Neer sales
Indian Railway's to start 15 premium passenger trains from May 12 — booking on IRCTC starts today at 4 pm
Popular on BI
- Apple starts manufacturing iPhone 14 in India
- Harsha Engineers lists at 36% premium amid volatile market conditions
- Nifty50, Sensex start on a negative note ahead of RBI policy meeting this week
- The Zepto Boys: Competition that Amazon never saw coming
- Maharashtra, Gujarat and UP lead the race in new demat accounts