Flipkart Big Billion sale report - over 100 orders per second, 10 million products delivered already
The platform witnessed 110 orders placements per second and the momentum was across mobiles, fashion, electronics, BGMH (books, general merchandise and home) and home furnishing categories.
In a cheer for MSMEs, over 66.6 crore visits were recorded during the Big Billion Days, with over 52 per cent of these visits coming from tier III cities and beyond.
Out of 1 crore deliveries, more than 3.5 million deliveries were done through Kirana partners in the first five days of TBBD, the company announced.
"The revival in demand and resurgence of consumption is expected to remain even after TBBD, as we continue to uplift the entire ecosystem," said Nandita Sinha, Vice President - Customer Growth & Engagement, Flipkart.
This year, the Flipkart BBD saw 1.5 times the number of transacting sellers compared to last year, among whom, more than 35 per cent witnessed 3 times more sales in comparison to last year.
AdvertisementThe number of crorepati sellers went up 1.5 times and the number of lakhpati sellers saw a 1.7 times jump.
In the mobile category, the platform recorded two times growth in customers. The premium segment of smartphones saw a growth of 3.2 times, predominantly driven by Apple, Google and Samsung phones.
The tier III customers drove the sale of large appliances with nearly 50 per cent demand coming from the region for this category, the company said.
- NSE declares Karvy Stock Broking as defaulter, expels from membership
- From IndusInd Bank and Kotak Mahindra to Bajaj Finance — seven of the top ten Nifty gainers in the last three months have been financials
- ICAI reschedules CA November 2020 exam in Tamil Nadu and Puducherry due to the Nivar cyclone
- Zerodha’s investment fund pumps in ₹10 crore in an enterprise resource planning platform ERPNext
- PM-CM meet: Kejriwal blames Covid spike on pollution, Mamata demands GST dues