For Valentine's Day, lingerie sales double on Snapdeal – bikini jewellery a top seller
- Celebrating the day of love brought in business for India’s e-commerce sites.
- Interestingly, the sale of
lingerieon Snapdealhas doubled over last year.
- The e-commerce platform also saw Tier 2 cities like Chandigarh, Ranchi, Lucknow, Bhopal, Indore, Patna and Visakhapatnam order three times more gifts than metro cities.
More often than not, most of us fall for it too everytime. And, we are talking gifts here, falling in love would be a discussion for another day...
This time around, gifts are getting kinkier. India’s third largest e-commerce site Snapdeal saw a rise in orders as people set out to celebrate the day. Interestingly, the sale of lingerie on Snapdeal doubled over the last year. “Bikini jewellery was a new entrant to top sellers on Snapdeal,” said the company.
The e-commerce platform also saw Tier 2 cities like Chandigarh, Ranchi, Lucknow, Bhopal, Indore, Patna and Visakhapatnam order thrice the gifts than metros. “Amongst the metros, users in Kolkata placed the most orders,” said the company.
The most popular gifts were – watches, handbags, backpacks, couple T-Shirts, personalised cushions, bracelets, and makeup essentials.
Raking in similar benefits is OYO – which saw a 90% jump in bookings for Valentine’s Day. “As per our internal data insights, couples account for the maximum share of bookings on 14th February followed by families/ groups of friends celebrating this long weekend, followed by solo bookings,” Gaurav Ajmera, COO, OYO Hotels & Homes - India & South Asia told Business Insider.
OYO makes room for love with a 90% jump in bookings for Valentine’s Day
- Uber lays off 185 employees from Postmates, two months after it acquired the food delivery startup in the US
- What the future holds for co-working spaces in India
- India and China held a 16-hour long talk to resolve ongoing border dispute
- An American electric car maker explains why it took a different route than Elon Musk’s Tesla, Tata Motors or Mahindra
- Top stocks to watch on January 25